Revision as of 11:54, 10 August 2009 by Yan
Performance tests and results
Tools uses for performance tests
- Typical command line: iperf -c <IP> -w <TCP window size>
- Pros: ability to control the TCP window size from command line and intermidiate results printouts during the test.
- Cons: High CPU consumption on Linux machines.
- Typical command line: netperf -H <IP> -l <test length> -- -m <message size>
- Cons: No control over TCP windows. Windows version doesn't have some of the Linux version feature. Windows server should be restarted after each test.
Additional tools =
- Under netkvm\tests\netperf_wrapper.rb - the scrip will run netperf according to its configuration (by default running 3 times for each message size and iterating message sizes between 32byte to 16K).