WindowsGuestDrivers/kvmnet/test and results
Performance tests and results
Before performing benchmarks - configure Windows parameters
Tools used for performance tests
- Typical command line: iperf -c <IP> -w <TCP window size>
- Pros: ability to control the TCP window size from command line and intermidiate results printouts during the test.
- Cons: High CPU consumption on Linux machines.
- Typical command line: netperf -H <IP> -l <test length> -- -m <message size>
- Cons: No control over TCP windows. Windows version doesn't have some of the Linux version feature. Windows server should be restarted after each test.
- netkvm\tests\netperf_wrapper.rb - the scrip will run netperf according to its configuration (by default running 3 times for each message size and iterating message sizes between 32byte to 16K).
- netkvm\tests\netperf_log_parser.rb - parsing raw netperf output
- How to Use NTttcp to Test Network Performance
- Cons: Windows only tool