Revision as of 07:52, 15 June 2009 by Technologov (Added AQemu GUI.)
There are a several options available to manage kvm virtual machines:
- First of all, you can manage kvm simply by running the binary file qemu-system_x86_64 (or just "kvm" depending on distribution). Check the man page for arguments (man qemu-system-x86_64).
- The "Virtual Machine Manager" application (virt-manager for short package name) is a desktop user interface for managing virtual machines.
- GKVM is a lightweight management tool that can manage kvm virtual machines.
- Any management tool built on libvirt can manage kvm virtual machines.
- kvmadm is a minimalistic set of command-line tools to control multi-user utilization of KVM.
- Proxmox VE is an easy to use virtualization platform for running virtual appliances and virtual machines: including bare-metal installer and web-based management interface.
- ConVirt is an intuitive, graphical management console providing comprehensive life cycle management for Virtual Machines and virtualization infrastructures. As of version 0.9.1, Convirt has basic support for KVM.
- OpenNebula is an open source virtual infrastructure engine that enables the dynamic deployment and re-allocation of virtual machines on a pool of physical resources.
|Name||URL||Description||UI Type||Last Updated||Notes|
|Plain old qemu/kvm||||You can run qemu/kvm straight from the command line||cli||active||kvm|qemu-kvm) for more info|
|Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)||||A desktop user interface for managing virtual machines||desktop||active||uses libvirt|
|GKVM||||a gnome user interface for KVM||desktop||2007-08-01|
|AQemu||||a Qt4 user interface for KVM||desktop||active|
|kvmadm||||a minimalistic set of command-line tools to control multi-user utilization of KVM||cli||2007-09-25|
|Proxmox VE||||an easy to use Open Source virtualization platform for running Virtual Appliances and Virtual Machines||web||active|
|ConVirt||||an intuitive, graphical management console providing comprehensive life cycle management for Virtual Machines and virtualization infrastructures||web?||active||basic support for kvm added in 0.9.1; formerly known as xenman|
|OpenNebula||||an open source virtual infrastructure engine||cli & xml-rpc||active||cloud computing managment; uses libvirt|