Revision as of 09:41, 24 March 2009 by MichaelGoldish (Removed duplicate time drift test)
KVM-Autotest To-Do list
Verify MD5 sum of ISO image before starting a VM[DONE]
Enable multiple user controlled port redirections (with -redir)[DONE]
Implement functions to translate VM ports and addresses (e.g. VM.get_port(), VM.get_address())[DONE]
- Support TAP networking with a user specified MAC address for each NIC
Add display parameter to enable user control of the QEMU display method (VNC/SDL/nographic)[DONE]
- Implement VM.clone() -- to be used by tests that need to add new VMs by themselves
- kickstart installation support
- kvm-autotest auto resolve qemu-kvm backtraces
- Make sure ppm_utils.image_crop() handles bad input properly
- Enable tests to modify a VM's params (while it's down)
- Make tests shorter by using small utility functions that fail a test and display a failure message
- Improve the stepmaker data naming system (e.g. name PPM files according to their MD5 sums)
- Redirect guest monitor to serial and capture guest error messages written to console
- Support an "expected to fail" param (at least in our html report)
- Log a gdb-backtrace for tests (executables) which generate a core dump file.
- Enable "guest-load" for a VMs before/while tests are running (e.g. migration of a VM, while a movie is playing on it)
- Add support for kvm-trace.
- Ignore, Warn, or even fail, upon indentation/white-space problems in the configuration file
- Add a way to shutdown the VMs when the whole job completes (compared to doing nothing or shuting-down after every test).
- Find out how to use Autotest's netperf test with guests
- If needed, write a netperf/iperf test
- Write a time drift test (pic/apic/pm_timer)
- Write a test which adds VMs until one of them becomes unresponsive, and records the maximum number of VMs successfully started.
- cpu hotplug - Glauber
- pci net hot plug -Glauber
- pci block hot plug -Glauber
- s3 hibernation - Gleb
- tap networking
- pxe boot * net types
- qcow1, qcow2, vmdk, vhd
- qcow2 internal snapshots
Run autotest tests inside Linux guest[ALREADY DONE]
- Further migration
- Multiple nics
- -vga stg, nographics
- kvm unit-tests
- Add unattended guest installations (using kickstart or answer-files)
- kvm_install -- keep src and build directories under <kvm_autotest_root> instead of under kvm_runtest_2.
- Stable tsc test - http://people.redhat.com/mingo/time-warp-test/MINI-HOWTO
- Guest installation with pv-block device/driver (for both windows and Linux)
- Goal -- get accepted into upstream autotest
- Add docstrings to all functions that still lack them, including the ones in stepmaker.py, stepeditor.py and kvm_tests.py
- Add module headers and docstrings
- Document the setupssh.iso and setuptelnet.iso creation procedures in the wiki
- Rename all Windows ISOs currently used to their official MSDN names
- Move Windows-setup iso images into the windows directory.
- Share all the stepmaker data somehow so other people can debug stepfiles
- Fill the sections "Working with step files" and "Step file creation tips" in the wiki
- Document the kvm_install test in the "Tests" section of the wiki
None so far?