Revision as of 16:51, 1 November 2010 by Dragos.tatulea
guest programmable mac/vlan filtering with macvtap
This would be nice to have to be able to do bridging or use macvlan inside the guest.
We neet to be able to:
- change mac address of the guest virtio-net interface.
- create a vlan device on the guest virtio-net device
- set promiscuous mode on guest virtio-net device
- all this controllable by host admin
- There's a patch  proposed by Alex Williamson to do TX mac filtering in TUN. It's still in RFC state, no recent activity in thread. Try rewrite based on comments.
- Implement VIRTIO_NET_F_MAC, VIRTIO_NET_F_CTRL_VLAN handling in qemu virtio-net. These capabilities are advertised but commands are silently dropped.
- Control should be done via qemu capabilities. Need a way to disable access that qemu can't override unless it has net admin capability.