Revision as of 10:02, 5 February 2009 by WikiSysop
There are a several options available to manage kvm virtual machines:
- First of all, you can manage kvm simply by running the binary file qemu-system_x86_64 (or just "kvm" depending on distribution). Check the man page for arguments (man qemu-system-x86_64).
- The "Virtual Machine Manager" application (virt-manager for short package name) is a desktop user interface for managing virtual machines.
- GKVM is a lightweight management tool that can manage kvm virtual machines.
- Any management tool built on libvirt can manage kvm virtual machines.
- kvmadm is a minimalistic set of command-line tools to control multi-user utilization of KVM.
- Proxmox VE is an easy to use virtualization platform for running virtual appliances and virtual machines: including bare-metal installer and web-based management interface.
- ConVirt is an intuitive, graphical management console providing comprehensive life cycle management for Virtual Machines and virtualization infrastructures. As of version 0.9.1, Convirt has basic support for KVM.
- OpenNebula is an open source virtual infrastructure engine that enables the dynamic deployment and re-allocation of virtual machines on a pool of physical resources.